Friday, June 24, 2005

wear your perfume...

Every year for Christmas, Mom and Dad give Sis and I an expensive bottle of perfume. If Mom isn't sure what our favorite at the time is she asks what we would like.

Two years ago for Christmas, they gave me a bottle of Christian Dior's Poison. I used to wear it years ago, and when mom asked what I would like for my gift, I decided I'd like to go back to it again.

I still have almost half of that bottle left.

If you've been reading, you know that we were kind of busy on Christmas last year. When we finally did get to celebrate, mom sent dad out with a list of gifts to buy. Next to my name she wrote "Poison". Dad bought Hypnotic Poison. I had never worn that one, but I absolutely love it.

The only thing I didn't like about it, is that it comes in a bottle that looks like an apple. It's really a beautiful bottle, but I thought it was very ironic. If you've been reading, you know I had a little problem with apples for awhile...

I think I've finally gotten over my aversion to apples. That pretty little red bottle of Hypnotic Poison is sitting on my dresser next to the purple bottle of Poison.

I've always saved my good perfume for special occasions. Over time perfume will go bad. I've often thrown out perfume I haven't used.

Yesterday I looked at the bottles on my dresser and thought about that. Like I said, the Poison is two years old now. If I don't use it up soon, it will go bad and I'll have to throw it away...And it's been almost six months and I've barely used the Hypnotic Poison...


It was then that I realized that I should wear the good stuff all the time, because LIFE is a special occasion...

9 Comments:

Blogger Beanhead said...

I agree I spray the good stuff on my pillow so I can smell it all the time.

11:53 AM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Forgot to say here via Michele today!

11:54 AM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger Laurie said...

I put on the good stuff even to just go buy groceries. It's a special treat just for me. Plus, who knows who might be hanging out in the soup aisle. ;)

10:48 PM, June 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You inspired me to go out and buy some jasmine perfume! And I am wearing it in your honor. Thanks DeeDee.

9:45 PM, June 30, 2005  
Blogger Along said...

You're so right. Life is precious, so we should treat everyday as a special day.

I'm going to start wearing my favorite perfume everyday, because my hubby loves the smell and because it always makes me feel happy.

I'll be wearing it even on Sundays..:D

9:21 AM, July 05, 2005  
Blogger angela marie said...

You must wear the good perfume, use the good plates every day, and burn the pretty candles.

There is no reason to wait! :)

8:06 PM, July 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, everyday should be a special day! Take each day that comes with two hands and grab hold.

I am here via Michele today...

1:06 AM, July 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and OH so true...enjoy the moments now. Even the expensive purfumes!
That really WAS quite ironic about the apple.

9:18 AM, September 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Choosing the right perfume can be difficult and because it is also considered an intimate gift buying the wrong perfume can backfire on you and get you the opposite result of that which you hoped for.

The first thing you need to do is do some homework, meaning research. Look at your lady's perfume bottles, the ones that are nearly empty will be her favorites. If there is one there that is nearly full chances are she doesn't wear it often or doesn't like it. Hint around and ask her what types of fragrances she likes and dislikes.

Humans are very sensory oriented and our sense of smell is no different. Certain perfumes can elicit strong reactions in both the wearer and the person reacting to the scent. Perfumes are made not only to attract but to also relax someone. If you aren't totally sure what kind of perfume to buy you can always play it safe and get something in the aromatherapy line. If you go this route, bear in mind that vanilla scents are considered to relax and a peppermint or lemon scent will be more stimulating.

10:03 AM, April 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

(written September of 2005) I have learned much in the last nine months. I have read that ovarian cancer whispers. I say it screams. It just needs someone to listen. The American Cancer Society statistics for ovarian cancer estimate that there will be 22,220 new cases and 16,210 deaths in 2005. This is a death rate FOUR TIMES that of breast cancer.Almost 70 percent of women with the common epithelial ovarian cancer are not diagnosed until the disease is advanced in stage. The 5-year survival rate for these women is only 15 to 20 percent. This is unacceptable. Women need to be made more aware of the symptoms, and doctors need to listen to their patients. Especially when the patient tells them that they fear they have ovca, as my mother did for almost a year before she was finally diagnosed. It’s so sad and senseless when a woman knows the symptoms but can’t get anyone to listen to what she is saying.

©JsDaughter