Thursday, August 03, 2006

from the mouths of babes...

It's not been a year yet since we lost mom.
Everyone seems to be coping most of the time.
Dad has gone back to his part time job that he started after he retired. He's been fishing with my cousin's husband, and of course hangs out with the grandkids as much as possible.

While talking on the phone with him one day last week, dad kind of laughed and said, "you won't believe what your grandson said to me the other day.."

He said, " grandpa you need to get a wife." Dad asked why he thought he should do that. and he said, "you need someone to take care of you!" He told him, "No i don't buddy! I've got you." To which my grandson replied- "no- you need a lady."

Keep in mind this is my 6 year grandson who has been raised by my parents. He was probably closer to mom than anyone else. He knows that mom wouldn't want us all to be sad and lonely forever- least of all dad. He's a smart, funny, loving child. My mother's influence certainly shows in him.
Just another part of her legacy that will live on....

6 Comments:

Blogger srp said...

Here from Michele.
A very, very wise child indeed. It seems as if your mother's spirit and joy live on in him and will continue to touch all your lives. God bless the child....

8:34 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger carmilevy said...

The lump in my throat got bigger when I read his words. What an insightful, sweet little boy. He obviously carries on the family goodness, and your mom would clearly be proud of how he's turning out.

If anyone ever doubts the preciousness of family, all he/she needs to do is read this entry - and so many other examples of your writing, for that matter.

Visiting from Michele's tonight. You're always a joy to read.

8:38 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger kenju said...

Bless his little heart! He knows - doesn't he. I hope that happens, and that the litle guy is happy with the choice.

Michele sent me (we posted at the same time)

9:04 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger MorahMommy said...

My eyes well up reading this post. "Out of the mouth of babes" is going through my mind. Children are so insightful.

Here via Michele.

9:49 PM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger sage said...

Here from Michele's. Your grandson is wise and gentle, we should all listen more to our children. Your site is a blessing.

10:38 AM, August 06, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

hehe
kids....

7:59 AM, August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

(written September of 2005) I have learned much in the last nine months. I have read that ovarian cancer whispers. I say it screams. It just needs someone to listen. The American Cancer Society statistics for ovarian cancer estimate that there will be 22,220 new cases and 16,210 deaths in 2005. This is a death rate FOUR TIMES that of breast cancer.Almost 70 percent of women with the common epithelial ovarian cancer are not diagnosed until the disease is advanced in stage. The 5-year survival rate for these women is only 15 to 20 percent. This is unacceptable. Women need to be made more aware of the symptoms, and doctors need to listen to their patients. Especially when the patient tells them that they fear they have ovca, as my mother did for almost a year before she was finally diagnosed. It’s so sad and senseless when a woman knows the symptoms but can’t get anyone to listen to what she is saying.

©JsDaughter